Water Treatment in
Advantages of extended Aeration System:
- Plants are easy to operate, as the management of operation is for a maximum of two or three hours per day.
- Extended aeration processes are often better at handling organic loading and flow fluctuations, as there is a greater detention time for the nutrients to be assimilated by microbes.
- Systems are odor free, can be installed in most locations, have a relatively small footprint, and can be landscaped to match the surrounding area.
- Extended aeration systems have a relatively low sludge yield due to long sludge ages, can be designed to provide nitrification, and do not require a primary clarifier.
Disadvantages of extended aeration system:
- Extended aeration plants do not achieve denitrification or phosphorus removal without additional unit processes.
- Flexibility is limited to adapt to changing effluent requirements resulting from regulatory changes.
- longer aeration period and hence requires more energy.
Skilled personnel are required for the operation and control
For extended aeration process we need any bacteria from out side.
For waste water with oil , what is the best remedy to improve the quality of final effluent discharge?
That Gif examples very well how Aeration works. Love it!