Water Treatment in
The advantages of swabbing of pipeline are :
- The technique is simple and cheap,
- It is free from mechanical gadgets,
- It does not require much opening of the trenches, if adequate facilities are provided in the pipeline for insertion and exit of swab,
- Regular swabbing once in a year keeps the inside of the pipeline clean, and
- Regular and systematic swabbing keeps the C- value higher to maintain desired pressure at all points in the system.
The disadvantage of the swabbing is that
- It cannot remove the hard incrustations , which can be avoided by regular swabbing of the pipeline from the time of installation.
- The removal of hardened deposits may require cutting of pipe. Incrustation inside the C.I. pipe removing it.